Why Integrate Technology in your class
Studies have shown student engagement is key to great learning results. Good educational technology assists in interaction with learning material more than just listening or reading. It activates student learning potential and gives students agency in their own learning.
In particular, multimedia ed tech integration captures all learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) and helps students become proficient producers of knowledge. Engage students in interactive storytelling using Lightwell or have students collaborate on an app project.
How to make Lightwell work for your classroom
Lightwell works as a standalone tool to teach computational thinking as well as an integration tool for interactive content creation and project-based learning.
Subjects and Content Areas
Today’s classrooms are increasingly faced with technologically savvy students, and teachers must utilize 21st-century knowledge, strategies, and skills that create an effective and motivational learning environment in every subject.
- Art and Design
- Career Technology
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
Creation in Lightwell is a foundational element of 21st century skills and a robust technology education. Incorporate computer-mediated instruction across grade levels.
- Intuitive for beginners (Grades 4-8)
- Powerful for experienced creators (Grades 9-12, University)
Integration Ideas from Educators Around the World
See how forward-thinking educators are creating learner-centered classrooms using the latest features in Lightwell.
- Technology Teacher: Interactive storytelling and comic apps
- Computer Science and X-Block Program Coordinator: Student flashcard apps
- Middle School Ideas & Innovations Teacher: Cause-related apps to support nonprofits
- Computer & STEM Teacher: Science Space Camp apps
- Visual Arts / English / History: Interdisciplinary Capstone project with interactive art and photo collage about NYC
- History Teacher: Interactive presentation teaching ancient history
- Media Arts & Graphic Design Teacher: Student-driven apps
- Digital Media / Technology / Career Technical Education Teacher: Interactive digital art and story apps
If you're using Lightwell in your class in a new and exciting way, we'd love to hear it! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share your story with us.
Happy Creating! 🙌
What you need to know for purchasing to start creating with Lightwell!