Export Your Project
Ready to publish your app to the App Store or you just want a stand alone app for a device?
First, set the app icon, name, and version number in App Overview. Read more about that here. Below is a little more detail on the Company/Individual Name and Bundle ID.
If this is your first time exporting, we suggest you to enter your name or the name of your company. We take the name so we can generate a suggested unique Bundle ID for you.
The Bundle ID is what Apple uses to uniquely identify apps. Bundle IDs take the form of com.[company/individual name].[app name]. You are free to change it if you need to but once you publish your app to the App Store, you can no longer change the Bundle ID. If you export two apps with different Bundle IDs, they will show up as two different apps on your device. If they have the same Bundle ID, then the newer app will replace the old one.
Publishing Your Project to the App Store
Once you have you've made sure that your project is running on the simulator and on a device real device, you're ready to upload a build to the App Store.
To submit a Lightwell Xcode project to the Apple's App Store:
- Change the target device from the simulator or you phone/tablet to "Generic iOS Device" under Build Only Device
- Open the Product menu in the top menu bar and select "Archive"
- The Organizer window will appear with your Xcode project selected. (If not, open the Window menu at the menu bar and select Organizer)
- Select "Upload To App Store" on the right hand side
- After confirming your preferences, select Upload
- You've just successfully uploaded your app to the App Store—Congrats!
Please contact iTunes Connect for any issues related to the App Store.